So, it’s my 100th post! Seriously, I never thought I would get here. I have a tendency to give up on things very easily, even things I like. It’s taken almost a year to get here, if that’s any indication to you, but I did get here. I choose to see this as progress.
So, because it’s my 100th post, and because everyone else does it, I give you 100 Things About Me:
1. I did a 100 things meme once before, for Facebook, but I have no idea what happened to it.
2. What I do remember of that one, no longer applies to me.
3. My life has changed dramatically in the past two years.
4. I don’t own a pair of slippers.
5. My best friend is a witch.
6. She lives in a haunted house.
7. She is convinced that my grandparents haunt her house, among others.
8. I lived in the afore-mentioned haunted house for 6 months.
9. My grandparents are not happy with my life.
10. I am not religious, but I am very spiritual.
11. I am still legally married, but I refer to my husband as my ex.
12. My ex does not like me very much.
13. I live in the same house as my ex.
14. That is every bit as uncomfortable as it sounds.
15. My children are the reason I exist.
16. Sometimes my children make me crazy.
17. Sometimes I make my children crazy.
18. I love to read.
19. I hate to read romance novels.
20. I secretly read, and loved, the entire Twilight Saga.
21. I also love to write.
22. I have huge problems with commitment.
23. I have been known to fall in love too easily.
24. I think the word Love is one of the most misused words in the English language.
25. I don’t think I believe in romantic love.
26. I cannot say the word aluminum. I have no idea why.
27. I am a huge coffee addict.
28. Also sugar-free Red Bull
29. I always stir my coffee 5 times. No more, no less.
30. My favorite type of food is Thai.
31. I am overly emotional at times.
32. When I get really mad, I cry.
33. It makes me madder that I am crying.
34. That makes me cry more.
35. I am 42 years old.
36. My age doesn’t bother me as much as it used to.
37. Most people would tell you I am an open book.
38. I hate that about myself.
39. I would do anything for my friends.
40. I don’t think I could live without my cell phone.
41. I don’t like marshmallows.
42. I love animals.
43. I love most types of music.
44. I believe that music and books are necessities, not luxuries.
45. My dream vacation is a bicycle tour of Tuscany.
46. No one I know has any desire to take a bicycle tour of Tuscany.
47. I love the ocean. I find it to be relaxing and conducive to thinking.
48. I cannot stand to be ignored.
49. The fastest way to get me angry is to hang up on me.
50. My ex hangs up on me frequently.
51. About eight years ago, I went on a diet.
52. I lost 120 pounds.
53. It took 3 years.
54. Since then, I have gained and lost the last 20 pounds tons of times.
55. I am currently trying to lose the same weight again.
56. It really irritates me that I keep repeating this cycle.
57. I get into a lot of fights with my ex about my blog.
58. I think it makes him angry when I have something that makes me happy.
59. I think that is too bad for him.
60. I believe that it is vitally important to laugh every day.
61. I can wiggle my ears.
62. I never realized how boring I am until I tried to write 100 interesting things about myself.
63. I am never doing this again.
64. I believe that you have to be an active participant in life, not an observer.
65. I hate passive aggressive behavior.
66. 11 years ago I went roller skating with my kids. I had to have bone removed from my hip to replace the shattered bone in my wrist.
67. I have never gone roller skating again.
68. I do not recommend roller skating over 30.
69. I have met people online that I consider my friends.
70. I am very grateful for them.
71. The older I get, the more political I get.
72. That surprises me about myself.
73. Also, the older I get the more sarcastic I get.
74. That does not surprise me.
75. Telling me I can’t do something is the same as daring me to prove you wrong.
76. I have a overwelming fear of heights.
77. I once wrote a pornographic erotica story.
78. It was published in an online magazine.
79. It was totally different from anything I have ever done, before or since.
80. I would totally write another one if the inspiration struck.
81. As a rule, I don’t like porn.
82. I do like shocking people.
83. There are things about me that would probably shock a lot of people.
84. You will not find them on this list.
85. When I get very cranky, I am likely to have a tantrum.
86. Because I’m like, 5.
87. Oh my dear LORD this is hard!
88. I am deeply concerned about the increasing gun violence in our country.
89. Sadly, I think this trend will continue.
90. I don’t believe in fighting hate with hate.
91. I forgive people way too easily.
92. I thrive in chaos.
93. I really hate drama in my life.
94. I used to have a LOT of drama in my life, but I don’t anymore.
95. I am eternally grateful for that.
96. I love movies.
97. I have watched every Molly Ringwald movie like a million times.
98. The Breakfast Club is my favorite.
99. I seriously doubt anyone is still reading this.
100. I have never been so happy to finish a blog post in my life!